- Astringent or bitter foods go well with full-flavoured wines, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- Crisp wines, such as Pinot Grigio, gor well with salty foods
- Fatty cuts of meat work well with bitter wines, as they will tone down the bitterness
- Highly acidic foods pair well with acidic wines
- Serve light-bodied wines with light food and full-bodied wines with heavier foods
- Spicy foods pair well with sweeter wines
- Sweet foods need a dry wine to offset the sweetness
For a general guide to food and wine pairing CLICK HERE.