Feb 17, 2016
Just Fine Wine aims to provide you with the very best handcrafted wines available on the market. This is why we almost exclusively use Winexpert products and offer you a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every Winexpert wine kit made on-premise. With over one hundred varietals to choose from, we always look forward to finding out which of these wines you, our loyal and supportive clients, have enjoyed the most over the course of the last calendar year. Without further ado, here are your top ten wines of 2015*:
|World Vineyard Chilean Merlot||T10||-||-||6||-||-||T10|
|Selection Australian Traminer Riesling||T10||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Eclipse New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc||9||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|World Vineyard Chilean Malbec||8||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Selection California Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot||7||9||7||9||10||6||9|
|Selection Chilean Malbec||6||-||8||-||-||-||-|
|Vintners Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon||5||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|World Vineyard Italian Pinot Grigio||T3||T5||5||5||4||4||7|
|Selection Italian Pinot Grigio||T3||2||3||3||3||4||3|
|Selection Luna Rossa||2||3||2||2||2||1||2|
|Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot||1||1||1||1||1||2||1|
*Wines are listed in descending order with the previous years' rankings included.
"-" Not Ranked That Year
"T3" Tied for Third
"T10" Tied for Tenth
Points of Interest:
- While the top wines have remain relatively unchanged (with a few exceptions) since we started tracking in 2009, this year saw the stalwart top 5 Eclipse Italian Piedmont Nebbiolo (Barolo) drop right out of the top ten. The wine is as good as ever but may have been impacted by the popularity of Eclipse Forza from Veneto Italy.
- Speaking of Forza, this limited offering wine made a serious run at our top ten this year in just 6 months time (it was released in July). Had sales held constant for a full year, Forza would have placed 5th on this list. Incredible for a brand new short-run wine.
- Reds continue to hold the edge over whites with a score of 7 to 4.
- Stags Leap Merlot reigns supreme yet again, outselling the next closest wine by almost two to one!
- We have a lot of change this year. There are four debuts on the list: World Vineyard Chilean Malbec; Vintners Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon; Selection Australian Traminer Riesling; Eclipse New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The latter two are no surprise considering the popularity of comparable wines: Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Hardy's Stamp of Australia Riesling Gewurztraminer.
- Two wines made a return to our list after brief absences: World Vineyard Chilean Merlot and Selection Chilean Malbec.
- These four newcomers and two returnees displaced some still popular wines: Eclipse Italian Piedmont Nebbiolo (Barolo); Eclipse Barossa Valley Shiraz; Vintners Reserve Mezza Luna Red; World Vineyard California Trinity Red; and Selection Italian Amarone with Grape Skins
With over 100 varieties, Winexpert has no shortage of top quality wines to make and it's a sizeable task to try them all. Our facebook page is a great place to connect with fellow wine lovers who may want to swap a few bottles or even start a new winemaking partnership/group to share a batch of something new.