Make Great Wine Even Better!
Placing wine in an oak barrel can improve the quality of your wine. Oak's delicate vanilla scent and complex toastiness enhances the fruit flavours and aromas already present. In addition, even a short time in a barrel can mature a wine faster than a longer period of time in a regular carboy. Barrel Aging can turn an average wine into a prizewinner and is often a common denominator in wines that reach beyond the ordinary.
Commonly, only full-bodied red wines and richly flavoured whites (such as Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc) are used for Barrel Aging. To a red, it gives a softness and complexity that adds great character. For some whites, it can increase aromatic qualities that make the wine truly special. The natural process of evaporation allows the wine to concentrate its flavor and aroma. As well, small amounts of oxygen are allowed to pass through the barrel and acts as a softening agent upon the tannins of the wine.
Just Fine Wine offers select varieties for Barrel Aging, available systematically throughout the year ~ typically every two months. The program is open to anyone and is especially popular with true wine lovers. The wines selected for the program are of the top caliber and the process is an additional $50 per batch (23 Litres). Availability is limited and space fills up quickly, so be sure to inquire about reserving yours today.
Now Taking Orders For:
- ECLIPSE Barossa Valley Shiraz w/Grape Skins -- Ready To Bottle 2018 -- (Now Taking Reservations. Only 1 Spot Left!)
- Since it's release in Fall 2013, this wine has hit the ground running. Rarely does a new wine capture a loyal following as fast as Eclipse Barossa Valley Shiraz. Hailing from
Australia’s quintessential wine region, this wine is a big, full bodied Shiraz with rich notes of chocolate and spice that have become synonymous with Barossa Valley and Australian wine in general. Pair with an equally rich dish to stand up to the big aromas and flavours. Think thick stews, or grilled steaks with sautéed mushrooms. The dark fruit notes in this wine would also pair beautifully with roast pork and cranberry chutney.
- SELECTION Argentine Malbec w/Grape Skins -- Ready To Bottle 2018 -- (Now Taking Reservations. Only 2 Spots Left!)
An truly excellent wine that unfortunately flew under the radar of many wine lovers for years. That is no longer the case as Malbec is a wine that has gained a strong foothold in both the commercial and craft winemaking markets within the past 5 to 10 years. Selection Argentine Malbec with grape skins is a medium/full-bodied, dry red wine with firm acidity, rich tannins and generous alcohol levels. Dark, inky purple colour and ripe fruit flavours of plums, black cherry and blackberry give an almost jammy character on the palate. Smoke, earth, leather, wild game, tobacco and white/black pepper along with intriguingly spicy notes make for an interesting medley of aromas and flavours, adding to layers of complexity. Definitely a wine for red meat, it is adaptable enough to stand up to spicy cuisines, such as Mexican, Cajun, Indian, Thai or Italian, working especially well with barbecue and other hard to pair meat-based dishes.
- ECLIPSE Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot -- Timetable TBD, Wine is currently out of stock. A waitlist has been started and is filling up fast so get your name on it today! --
- Year after year, our best selling wine. Stag's Leap Merlot outsells the next most popular wine by almost two to one. Light warm oak accentuates a spicy aroma with a soft, supple and fruity palate of plums and red berries. Rich, round flavour provides an elegant lingering finish. One of our best values, as you will currently find Stag's Leap Merlot for $45 plus per bottle in liquor stores! Winexpert is currently out of stock of this wine but expects fresh juice to arrive at the end of November or beginning of December. This barrel of Stag's Leap Merlot will start as soon as Winexpert has replenished stock and we have barrel space open on the schedule. The waitlist is already filling up quickly.
- LE17 Australian Petit Ruby Cabernet -- Timetable TBD -- (Now Taking Reservations. Only 2 Spots Left!)
- LE17 South African Chardonnay Chenin Blanc -- Timetable TBD -- (SOLD OUT)
- LE17 New Zealand Hawke's Bay Merlot -- Timetable TBD -- (Now Taking Reservations. Only 2 Spots Left!)
- LE17 Italian Negroamaro -- Timetable TBD -- (Now Taking Reservations. Only 4 Spots Left!)
ECLIPSE Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Chardonnay -- SOLD OUT --
ECLIPSE Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot -- SOLD OUT --
ECLIPSE Nocturnal from Languedoc France #2 (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre & Cinsault) -- SOLD OUT --
ECLIPSE Nocturnal from Languedoc France #1 (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre & Cinsault) -- SOLD OUT --
SELECTION Australian Chardonnay -- SOLD OUT --
Contact Just Fine Wine today to reserve yours.